Hey girlie, should we set a new deadline for our brean vid? I haven't worked on it as much as I'd have liked but I SO want to do this with ya!
I’m with you. I’ve only gotten my first part done. I’m lacking on it right on. But I definitely want to continue this! So, whatever date you want is fine with me, bb! Don’t forget about the coloring. ;)
A quick update on ACTA. Overnight, your voice was just one of the 200,000-plus who called on the European Parliament to vote NO on ACTA. Sadly, 27 countries in Europe signed ACTA on Thursday despite growing opposition from people around the world. These governments, like Australia did a few months ago, negotiated and signed the deal in secret with very little fanfare.
But there’s good news. It’s not too late to stop it.
The European Parliament still has to approve ACTA for it to go into effect in Australia and around the world. If they vote NO, then ACTA will be effectively dismantled — even in countries that have already signed it. That’s right. Even though Australia and other countries have already signed ACTA, the treaty will be sent back to the drawing board if the European Parliament does not approve it. The online community recently came together to stop two American bills which threaten the openness off the internet, PIPA and SOPA. Now is our moment to send ACTA into the dustbin of history. Get all your friends and family to sign the petition calling on the European Parliament to vote NO on ACTA. You can do this in three ways:
Tweet this or post it on Facebook: Don’t like #SOPA & #PIPA? Then you’re gonna hate #ACTA. Sign&Share the @accessnow petition http://bit.ly/pMQ5DQ #StopACTA #opennet
We need hundreds of thousands of signatures in order to have the European Parliament hear our petition. But we are up to the task to defeat a treaty that poses a dangerous threat to the inherent freedom and openness of the internet. And while we support the rights of creators, these ill-conceived approaches to the enforcement of copyright in the online environment will not only reap collateral damage on the open internet and human rights, but are ineffective in confronting the issue at hand.
ACTA affects not only an open internet, but threatens access to medicine and will stifle innovation around the world. That’s why we need a global movement. Tell the EU to vote NO on ACTA, and pass this along to friends telling them to do the same.
8. had a job? - Sorta. I wasn’t paid for the work, but I did get something in return so…
9. slipped on ice? - Oh yes lol.
10. missed the school bus? - Nope.
11. left the house without my wallet? - Always lol.
12. bullied someone on the internet? - Nope.
13. sexted? - Nope.
14. had sex in public? - Nope.
15. played on a sports team? - Yes. When I was a kid there was a soccer team at school and I was on it. :)
16. smoked weed? - Nope.
17. smoked cigarettes? - Nope. But I inhale it every day soo.. :(
18. smoked a cigar? - Nope.
19. drank alcohol? - Yesssss!
20. watched “The Breakfast Club”? - YES! LOVE LOVE THAT MOVIE SFM.
21. been overweight? - Yes.
22. been underweight? - Yes.
23. had an eating disorder? - Yes. Sorta. A couple years ago for about a month we literately had no money at all, not even a friggin’ dime. NO ONE would help us, loans not an option, foodbank only lasted so long, so basically we starved for that month. And when we got food again I just threw it up. My body wasn’t used to it. It was quite sometime before I could keep something down.
24. been to a wedding? - Yes.
25. made fun of someone for being fat? - Nope.
26. been on the computer for 5 hours straight? - Yes.
27. watched tv for 5 hours straight? - Yes.
28. been late for work? - No.
29. been late for school? - Nope.
30. kissed in the rain? - Nope.
31. showered with someone else? Nope.
32. failed my drivers test? - Nope.
33. ran a mile in less than 10 minutes? - Nope.
34. been outside my home country? - Nope.
35. been on a road trip longer than 5 hours? - Nope.
36. had lice? - Yup.
37. gotten my heart broken? - No. I’ll allow it bend, but never break.
38. had a credit card? - Nope.
39. been to a professional sports game? - Yes.
40. broken a bone? - Yup. My middle finger on my right hand.
41. been unhappy about my weight? - Not really. I don’t dwell on it because it’s kinda a rollercoaster with me. I’m either up or down. I’m never consistent. Which is something I need to change. So, I guess yes for health reasons.
42. won a trophy? - Yes.
43. cut myself? - Accidentally yes.
44. had an STD? - Nope.
45. got engaged? - Nope.
46. been on a diet? - Nope.
47. tried out to be on a tv show? - Nope.
48. rode in a taxi? - Yes.
49. been to prom? - Nope.
50. played a drinking game? - Yes.
51. stayed up for 24 hours or more? - Yes. ALWAYS. ugh. Insomia sucks.
52. been to a concert? - Yes.
53. had a three-some? - Yes. Me, Jack Daniels, and Supernatural. *loving sigh* LOL srsly though, no.
54. had a crush on someone of the same sex? - Nope.
55. been in a car accident? - Yes.
56. had braces? - Nope.
57. learned another language? - I used to know how to speak French when I was younger, but I kinda blocked everything school-related out so…
58. killed an animal? - Do spiders and insects count?
59. been at a yard sale? - Yes.
60. been to a japanese steakhouse? - No.
61. wore make up? - Yes.
62. talked to someone via webcam? - No.
63. lost my virginity before I was 16? - No.
64. had my wisdom teeth taken out? - Nope.
65. kissed someone a different race than myself? - Nope.
66. snuck out of the house? - Yes.
67. bought porn? - Nope.
68. had a virus on my computer? Yup.
69. had oral sex? - Nope.
70. dyed my hair? - Attempted. Failed attempt.
71. gone skinny dipping? - Nope.
72. graduated from college? - Nope.
73. wore someone else’s clothes? - Yes.
74. voted in a presidential election? - Nope.
75. rode in an ambulance? - Yes.
76. rode in a helicopter? - No.
77. caught the stove on fire? - Yes.
78. got in a verbal fight? - Yes. Plenty of times.
79. met someone famous? - Yes.
80. been on vacation? - Yes.
82. been on a boat? - No.
81. been on an airplane? - No.
83. broken something expensive? - Yup.
84. had surgery? - Yup.
85. kissed someone before I was 14? - Nope.
86. beat a video game? - YES! OMG. I LOVE VIDEO GAMES.
87. found something valuable on the ground? - Yes.
88. made a survey? - Nope.
89. stalked someone on a social network? - No… What kinda stalker would I be if I admitted to said stalking? LOL!
90. prank called someone? - Yes.
92. spent over $100 shopping in one day? - Yes.
91. been to a library outside of school? - Yes.
93. cut my hair and hated it? - Nope.
94. peed outside? - Yes. lol long story…
95. went fishing? Nope.
96. helped with charity? - Yes.
97. taken a pregnancy test? - Nope.
98. been rejected by a crush? - Nope.
99. been suspended from school? - Yes.
100.broken a mirror? - Yes. Two of ‘em. 14 of years of bad luck. Ain’t I a lucky duck?
Dashboard Tumblr-fessional - SaintDorianGray (Katy Perry Firework Parody) based on this post, opener by barackfuckingobama also known as “How many fandoms can SDG cram into one fucking song?” Also, the harmonies suck butt. Edit: Uploaded one without harmonies. Got sick of hearing myself suckass at the one thing I love doing.
Do you ever feel like a Sherlock fan Crying on a Roof wanting to eat some Jam? Do you ever feel like a Whovian? Watching Rory die time and time again
Do you ever feel the Supernatural You smell the sulfur, so you get the motherfucking salt? Did you know that there’s a place for you? There’s others just like you.
You gotta enter your password and username. Then scroll and see the Tumblr memes
‘Cause baby I’m a fandom girl The coolest kind in all the world I’ll turn your heteroh-oh-oh into homosexual-al-al Baby, I’m a fandom girl I’ll show you how I see the world I’ll turn your platoni-i-ic Into begging for some di-i-ick
Here’s proof that Dean and Cas are just as canon as Arthur and Merlin, the warlock and his prat You see the parallels between Destiel And Shwatsonlock the time that Sherlock fell
I’ll beg you to ignore all of the shipping wars If you like Ten/Master or if Amy Pond is a whore But the Avengers, never pretend there’s nothing between Steve and Tony
Fuck you, I won a BAFTA twi-i-ice If two characters fi-i-ight It means they’re fucking at ni-i-ight
‘Cause baby I’m fandom’s bitch I won’t apologize for this I’ll turn your heteroh-oh-oh into homosexual-al-al It seems these characters are sluts But I love Tumblr too much I’ll turn your platoni-i-ic Into begging for some di-i-ick
Calling all Supernatural fans! Please take a moment and vote for Matt Cohen in this poll. He’s being considered for the role of Gaborn in an upcoming film entitled, The Runelords, and desperately needs more votes. He fits the description of this character to a tee, and deserves this opportunity. Thanks so much for your help, guys.
When the web started, I used to get really grumpy with people because they put my poems up. They put my stories up. They put my stuff up on the web. I had this belief, which was completely erroneous, that if people put your stuff up on the web and you didn’t tell them to take it down, you would lose your copyright, which actually, is simply not true.
And I also got very grumpy because I felt like they were pirating my stuff, that it was bad. And then I started to notice that two things seemed much more significant. One of which was… places where I was being pirated, particularly Russia where people were translating my stuff into Russian and spreading around into the world, I was selling more and more books. People were discovering me through being pirated. Then they were going out and buying the real books, and when a new book would come out in Russia, it would sell more and more copies. I thought this was fascinating, and I tried a few experiments. Some of them are quite hard, you know, persuading my publisher for example to take one of my books and put it out for free. We took “American Gods,” a book that was still selling and selling very well, and for a month they put it up completely free on their website. You could read it and you could download it. What happened was sales of my books, through independent bookstores, because that’s all we were measuring it through, went up the following month three hundred percent
I started to realize that actually, you’re not losing books. You’re not losing sales by having stuff out there. When I give a big talk now on these kinds of subjects and people say, “Well, what about the sales that I’m losing through having stuff copied, through having stuff floating out there?” I started asking audiences to just raise their hands for one question. Which is, I’d say, “Okay, do you have a favorite author?” They’d say, “Yes.” and I’d say, “Good. What I want is for everybody who discovered their favorite author by being lent a book, put up your hands.” And then, “Anybody who discovered your favorite author by walking into a bookstore and buying a book raise your hands.” And it’s probably about five, ten percent of the people who actually discovered an author who’s their favorite author, who is the person who they buy everything of. They buy the hardbacks and they treasure the fact that they got this author. Very few of them bought the book. They were lent it. They were given it. They did not pay for it, and that’s how they found their favorite author. And I thought, “You know, that’s really all this is. It’s people lending books. And you can’t look on that as a loss of sale. It’s not a lost sale, nobody who would have bought your book is not buying it because they can find it for free.”
What you’re actually doing is advertising. You’re reaching more people, you’re raising awareness. Understanding that gave me a whole new idea of the shape of copyright and of what the web was doing. Because the biggest thing the web is doing is allowing people to hear things. Allowing people to read things. Allowing people to see things that they would never have otherwise seen. And I think, basically, that’s an incredibly good thing.
”—Neil Gaiman on Copyright, Piracy, and the Commercial Value of the Web (X)
Americans, this is a link to the White House petition to End ACTA and get the Obama Administration to withdraw its support! This petition needs 23,106 signatures by February 20, 2012! Please, Please take a minute to sign this petition!! So far it only has 1,904 signatures. :C